15th September 2021 – We currently have 2 ebikes in stock for immediate delivery.
Volt Metro folding e-bike, white, 400 wh battery (40 miles), 2 year warranty, £1,599.
Volt Pulse LS legacy, grey, 400Wh battery (40 miles), 2 year warranty, £1,749.
Why buy an electric bike?
Electrically Assisted Pedal Cycles (to give them their proper title) allow the user to ;
- travel efficiently on local journeys of a few miles.
- see more countryside for the same effort as on an ordinary bike.
- park easily in the town centre when going on small errands.
- continue enjoying the outdoors without worrying about steep hills on favourite routes as time progresses.
- get easy, gentle exercise.
- become fitter and burn more calories.
- lower their carbon footprint.
- HAVE MORE FUN!
They are very cheap to run and may even replace a second car…
Planetary 14 Bikes is the authorised supplier and service agent for WISPER Electric Bikes and, new for 2021, VOLT Electric Bikes covering North Northumberland and the Eastern Scottish Borders.
Wisper is a British company that have been designing and supplying electric bikes since 2005. They are very good value for money, with prices starting around £1,300.
One of their features is that they have the great advantage of not requiring any software updates. Some other brands do require them, sometimes yearly, and are usually chargeable to the customer.
We usually have 2 demonstrators in our possession which we will bring to your home or place of work so that you may have a test ride on the roads familiar to you.
A new addition to our stable for 2021 is VOLT Electric Bikes.
Another splendid range from a British company that has been going for 10 years, VOLT offer both hub motor and centre drive variants at reasonable prices. Covered by a 2 year warranty, they are simple to operate and reliable.