Bikes are great things but…
- …are you tired of crunching the chain and sprockets on your bicycle when changing to a different gear?
- …are you sick of having to mess around lifting your bike up and pedalling by hand when you find yourself in the wrong gear before you start off?
- …are you finding yourself clicking twice on the left lever and 4 times on the right then hoping it is the gear you want?
There is a solution to all of this…
We at P14B create bicycles fitted with the Rohloff hub gear system.
The Rohloff Speedhub 500/14 is a German made Internal Gear Hub with 14 ratios.
The bikes we put the Speedhubs into are of good quality but with ‘middle of the road’ specification. We don’t use overly expensive, fancy parts. Just good, solid, workable bits. That allows us to keep the prices a bit more affordable than some outlets can.
The components that the bikes are fitted with will function efficiently and reliably provided the bike is used sympathetically for its intended use. All parts are readily available when they eventually wear out.
We tend to put the Speedhub into hybrid bikes as they are quite adaptable and can be used as commuter bikes, tourers or ‘cycle around the countryside for fun’ bikes, but we do put them into other types of bike as well.
We only use good quality frames suitable for Rohloff fitment and the appropriate other components to ensure that the bicycle, when completed, works 100% as it should. It is then test ridden to make sure of that.
The bikes we create are priced from a very reasonable £1,799
Some examples of what we have built…
Why choose a Rohloff Speedhub?
- It has 14 gears which are equally spaced
- The ability to change gear whilst either under load or standing still
- Twist the shifter in one direction to climb a hill, the other to go faster
- Straight alignment means less wear to the chain and sprockets
- Reliable and easy to live with
Go to www.rohloff.de for all the information you will need about it…………..
What we’re currently working on…
As of April 2020 ;
Dawes Discovery 201 flat handlebar.
Dawes Discovery 201 Drop handlebar.
Raleigh Maverick Elite (631 frame) Drop handlebar.
Kona Hahanna hardtail mountain bike.
Photographs to follow when they are completed.
Contact us for more details…